Thursday, April 7, 2022

Yosemite Gear Review for April 8-10

After my last trip to Yosemite I wanted to change a few things with my gear.  First I decided to use my REI discount (on one regular priced item) to buy a new sleeping bag.  I decided on the REI Magma 30, because it has the best weight to warmth ratio.  The stated weight for long was 1 lb 6oz.  My current favorite sleeping bag (the one I used last time, the Kelty Cosmic 20 long) is 2 lb 16 oz.  I was excited to save the weight and also the Magma packs smaller.

My fleece takes up a lot of space so this time I brought a light running jacket to see if I could ditch the fleece on future trips.  I still took the fleece, but was not going to use it unless really needed.  I also took a lighter long sleeve sleeping shirt.  

Planning for a longer hike this summer, I also packed my Charmcast charger (6.6 oz) and power cord to charge it, and power cord to charge my phone.  I would like to find a solution that has one cord to charge the phone and charger.

Without water or food I was at 18 pounds (last trip I was at 19.6 pounds)



No comments:

Post a Comment