Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Badger Pass Food (3 days)

Trying something new, sort of.  When I go for 3-5 hour bike rides I have a shake before the ride, Hammer HEED in one water bottle, and Hammer Perpetuem in the other water bottle.  During the ride I have a Hammer Bar.  I am going to try the same approach during the hike.  Since my hiking partner wants coffee and real food for breakfast I will add oatmeal.  So my morning plan is:

  • Add water to may shake powder the night before
  • Wake up to multivitamins and a cold and fully dissolved shake
  • Heat up water for oatmeal (two packets of lower sugar Quaker Oatmeal with dried blueberries/cherries and dried milk)
  • In my water bottle I will start with HEED (two scoops for a two hour bottle)

·       After two hours (or when the HEED bottle is empty) I will have a Hammer Bar and refill the water bottle with water and two scoops of Hammer Perpetuem.  After that bottle is empty I will drink water the rest of the day

·       Once the Perpetuem bottle runs out I will have another bar or lunch depending on how hungry I am.

Friday lunch is mostly snack food: peanuts and dried bananas, cheese sticks with turkey sticks, and a kids Clif bar called ZBar.

Once in camp I will make a Hammer Recoverite shake and take my Hammer recovery supplements.

For Dinner I have cous-cous, red pepper flakes, and precooked mango sausage.  I will put all this in my Patagonia insulated canister and add hot water, while this cooks I will set up the tent and make some snow furniture and then eat.  The canister will keep the food hot for several hours even in the Yosemite high country cold.  For dessert I have a fig bar. 

Saturday lunch is crackers with hummus and sausage with a ZBar if needed.  

Saturday I will also have a Recoverite shake and Hammer vitamins.  Dinner will be mashed potatoes with red pepper flakes, dried mushrooms, and spicy Italian sausage.


Friday Food


Saturday Food

Sunday Food






No comments:

Post a Comment