Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wilson Creek Shelter

7/30
Started at Howard Johnson in Daleville, VA
Ended at Wilson Creek Shelter
11.2 miles

Summary:
Kids swam at pool before we left.

Went to get new pack from outfitter. Didn't like it at first but with luck I will figure out a way to make it work better.

Stopped at Krogers for almond butter packets to go with our apples, paid lady $1 to mail letters since we couldn't get postage (they only sell by the book).

Mailed broken REI pack back at UPS. Also sent box home with camera since I mostly use my phone.

Hiked loud trail by highway, but got to first shelter really fast so moved on to next shelter, since our Stillwater neighbors were named Wilson I thought we should stay at this shelter.

Met 2 southbound hikers, Pablo and Benadryl.

Long time till I see an outlet for my phone so conserving battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment