Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 16; Weights; Barefoot

I changed my weight routine on Tuesday. It made me sweat, so it must be good. The moves are from the original Core Performance book, and are focused on working all the muscles. Most machines only work the intended muscle and not the balance muscles used for support. These moves are done using balance while working the muscle. I know I don’t have good balance and am confident the workout will address this issue while also strengthening.

I’ve been going barefoot around the house and noticed my posture has changed and the bottoms of my feet are not as sore. I also noticed when I do put on shoes they seem uncomfortable at first. I need to get some minimal shoes soon and do some outside work.

Monday
- Started week 3 of Core Performance (original book)
- Running tights arrived
- 55 degrees out, maybe run in shorts?

Tuesday
Abs
Yoga
Weights from Core Performance
Outside 3 mile run
- 50 degrees
- Tights, long sleeve shirt
- 32 min total
Swimming
6x 150 Alt swim/kick
500 of TI drills
6x 50 kick on 1:00, held :45
3x 100 on 1:30 (did 1:10, 1:15, 1:16)
4x 50 kick on 1:00, did under :45 on each
100 easy
100 fast, did 1:08
100 easy
2,500 total

2 comments:

  1. You're training is looking good! It's funny how the minamilist shoe idea is everywhere right now. I got my Running Times last night, and they have an article "How Much Shoe Do You Need?".

    Have a good rest of the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    I think it is good to switch up workouts every now and then. When I was a little girl I always went barefoot in the summer! I remember when fall rolled around and it was time to start wearing shoes again...I disliked it! It felt like my feet were confined:) Nice job on your workouts...as always! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete