Tuesday night on the way to the gym I stopped by the library and got some swimming books. I found good ideas for workouts and stroke drills.
I felt really good at the gym and increased the intensity a bit. It may have helped that I had 2 full hours after eating dinner for my stomach to settle. I had a bit of Clifbar and chocolate milk before swimming, but I think the colder water had more of an impact on feeling good than the food.
I tried Endurox R4, fruit punch, after my workout (GNC was having a sale and free shipping). It tasted ok (but after chocolate milk what was I expecting). I don’t plan to drink it after every workout, just Tuesday. For the Thursday workout I got a different brand to try. On the weekend I will eat real food.
Monday – off day
10 min on the bike at level 5; stay over 100 rpms
- 3 miles, 29 min, 1.5% grade
- 9 min run, 1 min walk
- Black shoes made top of right foot hurt, still sore today
- Felt great, except for right foot
- Blue Sierra Designs shirt worked good
Stretching, 10 min
- pool was colder today, felt great, still got dry mouth
x5 50 on 1:00
x5 50 on :55
x5 50 on :50
x5 50 on :45
- no rest between 50’s; held :35 or faster on all
x2 IM on 2:00
x5 100 kick on 2:30
- held 1:45 on all, best was 1:35